A selector so that action can be run on multiple files

Updated Otto, which restarted the fmshelper service
My files are set to not automatically open.

I have a list of files to open but it would be nice to select which ones and open all in one go, as the open command is hidden in the vertical hamburger on each row…

You’re thinking like a multi-select in the file list that would let you do the actions in the dropdown menu? ie. close or open multiple files, download multiple files, etc.?

Yes…

but this needs to be 20 chars!!

1 Like

Hey John

Updated Otto, which restarted the fmshelper service
My files are set to not automatically open.

I don’t think upgrading OttoFMS will restart the Database server. It restarts the Web Server if it needs to attach itself. but I am pretty sure there is nothing in the startup code that does a database server restart.

Could you say more about why you think OttoFMS did that? Do you have some logs maybe that point to that?

Thanks

Todd

I uninstalled, then installed new version
ON both AMD and ARM it then asked which services should be restarted (a bit like when you do a big Linux update) and they are fmshelper and something else…

Ok, Yes I see that dialog. Thats a linux thing. I don’t think I always get it, but maybe. I am gonna check with our hosting team.

In any case I always cancel it. I never restart any of the services.

As I said above OttoFMS will restart FMS httpserver when it detects that it needs to attach itself to the web server. That is the only service that OttoFMS needs to manage in some way.

Todd

Hey John,

OttoFMS 4.2.4 has a multiselect on the FMS admin databases table! For the moment this is primarily just opening, closing, and deleting files. Let us know if you have any issues with it!

-Kyle

1 Like

Could this be extended to download selected files as well? Currently we still find the fastest way to download a multi-file solution is to go onto the server itself and copy files out of the databases folder. It would be great to be able to do this from OttoFMS console to just select all the files you want to download and have them compressed & transferred in one hit.

Hey Daniel,

Welcome to the community! Downloading multiple files with this multi-select is on our list, I’ll let you know when we have more progress on it!

-Kyle

1 Like

Beautiful, thanks !!!