Keep Build On Failure?

I setup a deployment Refresh Linux it is a clone of all dev files, initially I had some files in the sub-deployment that didn’t have correct credentials on the target I sorted this out.

It seems that if the deployment fails but some sub-deployments were successful it very quickly purges the successful build from Inbox.

Each iteration of running this again it has to pull down a fresh build which seems to take the longest and sometimes that fails perhaps it’s still purging the old one before the new one arrives?

The sub deployments are files starting with a letter of the alphabet seems like the best method to break up each sub deployments.

Here is a gif of me scrolling fmsOtto

Is there a way to just get the build into place on the target server and keep the build ready for deployment and not purge it on failure?

Sorry, There is not a way to do that.

You could make a build ahead of time. It shouldn’t take that long to pull it.

You could also just make sure you have user names and password that match on all your files. Becuase using deployment to test if you have credentials right seems a bit backward.

Sorry I am not sure what this is referring to.

The sub deployments are files starting with a letter of the alphabet seems like the best method to break up each sub deployments.

Todd

In this exercise I had to migrate ALL files (first time doing this ) most files seldom get migrated.

In dev ALL files accounts were updated for external authentication group name to match the case AD for the linux box that is case sensitive.

So the migration settings is to replace the accounts from the dev server.

A few files sitting on the linux box didn’t have the correct credentials for the migration.

For the letter naming that was just me trying to make smaller sets files that start with A-C / then 3 sets of file that start with letter D the so on.

(this is a singular task we hope )

All files did finally migrate on this one just fyi

Ok got it.

Thanks

Todd