Unable to open OttoDeploy.fmp12 after installing it on FM server

Hello, I am new to OttoFMS and OttoDeploy. I recently installed OttoFMS on my server. Then I used Windows Installer to install OttoDeploy. After it’s been installed, I tried to open OttoDeploy.fmp12 on the OttoFMS web console. After entering the default encryption key, nothing happened. I also went to my FM server admin console to open the file from there, but after entering the default encryption key, the file showed as closed still. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

If you check in the FileMaker event Log it may have some information about why the file won’t open. See the image below for how to get to the FileMaker Server Event log

You could also check the otto-info.log in that same interface. Look for line that mention the OttoDeploy file.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks

Todd

Thank you Todd! I checked the otto-info log, and there are these lines that relate to OttoDeploy (see attached). I’m pretty sure I entered the default encryption key… do you know what else I might try?

On the Event.log, several lines say “Database “OttoDeploy” could not be opened. Database version incompatible; try opening in FileMaker Pro.”

What version of FileMaker Server are you running? If it is older than 19.6, then that would explain this. OttoFMS and OttoDeploy require FileMaker server 19.6 or greater.

Could that be it?

Thanks

Todd

Thanks Todd! That was an obvious oversight on my end! I upgraded to the latest version of FM server.

Now OttoDeploy is shown as open/running on my server admin console.

But when I open it in the desktop client, OttoDeploy shows up as blank. Without the layouts/setup shown in the tutorial for test deployment. Am I not doing something correctly? Your help is much appreciated!

Hello,

I am not sure exactly what happened, but it looks like the UI record get deleted. If you could send us a copy of that File I’d like to confirm this issue.

Here is what I recommend.

1. Close the file on the server ( You can do this in OttoFMS )
  2. Delete the file on the server ( You can do this in OttoFMS )
  3. Reinstall OttoDeploy

Let us know what happened.

Thanks

Todd

Hi Todd, I ran thru the steps you detailed, but same thing. OttoDeploy shows as blank on my desktop client. It’s also very difficult (or impossible) to close the file normally. For some reason, I can’t attach the file on here. Could I send you an email with the OttoDeploy file I have?

Are you sure you updated your FileMaker Pro Client to FileMaker at least FileMaker 19.6. Everything needs to be 19.6 or higher.

If you did and this still isn’t working for you, I’d recommend you stop by an Office Hours, so we can look a little more closely at what is happening.

Thanks

Todd